This Arduino Shield allows users to add Wirelings to their Standard Arduino projects. Featuring a 4-channel Multiplexer, Real-Time Clock (RTC), on-board voltage regulation and level shifting, this board allows you to add up to 4 Wireling Boards to your project with ease!
There are two options when ordering this board:
1. Soldered: The male header pins to attach the Arduino Shield to an Arduino are soldered so you can get building as soon as possible.
2. Not-Soldered: This option is best for you when you already have soldering equipment at home, or you want to use some other form of header pins. (The header pins in the product images will ship with this option)
New to Wirelings? Check out the Wireling Overview!
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
TI PCA9544A Multiplexer Specs
- I²C Bus
- Four Active-Low Interrupt Inputs
- Active-Low Interrupt Output
- Three Address Pins
DS1339 I²C Serial Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Manages all Timekeeping functions: Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the Week, and Year with Leap-Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100
- Two Time-of-Day alarms
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- IO2 - Used for RTC
- IO3 - Used for RTC
- IO4 - Power Control
- 53.34mm x 57.58mm (2.1 inches x 2.27 inches)
- Max Height: 12.5mm (0.48 inches) Measured from the top of the 5-pin connectors, and the bottom of soldered header pins
- Weight: 10 gram (.35 ounces)
- The multiplexer used allows you to use two or more I²C devices with the same address, without interference problems.