This Wireling lets you measure ambient light and color temperature via the TCS3472 Color Sensor and onboard emitting LEDs. This I²C sensor measures red, green, blue and clear light with 16-bit resolution. The interrupt registers may be used to set threshold values independently for each color register (RGBC) to improve system efficiency and avoid continuous polling of the sensor.
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
AMS TCS3472 Color Sensor Specs
- 16-bit color resolution
- I²C Communication Protocol
- Ambient Light Detection
- Color Temperature Detection
- 2.5µA typ. during Sleep Mode
- 65µA typ. during Wait State
- Diffused lens for aid in color sensing
- Can be toggled on/off in Arduino Sketch
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Color Sensor: 2.5uA (Low Power Sleep Mode)
- LED: 30mA
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- 10mm x 10mm (.394 inches x .394 inches)
- Max Height (from the lower bottom of Wireling to upper top Wireling Connector): 4.30mm (0.17 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this shield without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other microcontroller board of your choice!