Sometimes you need to add a little storage to your projects, and sometimes you need a lot. This TinyShield microSD Adapter lets you add a huge amount of storage by connecting a microSD card to your TinyDuino. And with SD card support libraries included with the Arduino Software environment, you can have your project using microSD cards in a matter of minutes!
This TinyShield incorporates level shifters and a local power supply to ensure proper and safe operation over the entire TinyDuino operating voltage range up to 5V – no need to worry about damaging your microSD cards if you’re running at 5V..
To learn more about the TinyDuino Platform, click here
To see what other TinyShields this will work with or conflict with, check out the TinyShield Compatibility Matrix
- Uses standard Arduino SD Card Library
- Supports standard microSD cards and SDHC cards
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Current: 100mA or more during SD card writes, depends on the microSD card being used. Because of this high current, the TinyDuino processor cannot be used with a coin cell.
SPI Interface used
- 10 - CS: This signal SPI chip select for the microSD card
- 11 - SCLK: This signal is the serial SPI clock out of the TinyDuino and into the microSD card.
- 12 - MISO: This signal is the serial SPI data out of the microSD card and into the TinyDuino.
- 13 - MOSI: This signal is the serial SPI data out of the TinyDuino and into the microSD card.
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches) Note: microSD car overhanges the edge by approx 3mm for easy removal
- Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to upper top TinyShield Connector): 5.11mm (0.201 inches)
- Weight: 1.36 gram (.05 ounces)
- This does not include the microSD card (sold separately), you can get a compatible microSD card here.