This Wireling lets you measure the intensity of magnetic fields via the A1454 Linear Hall Effect Sensor or the TCS40DLR Discrete Hall Switch. This particular version of the A1454 is intended to be used with ferrite type magnets.
Hall Sensor Wirelings ship with a magnet starting February 2020.
New to Wirelings? Check out the Wireling Overview!
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
Allegro A1454 Hall Sensor Specs (Analog)
- 2 factory programmed sensitivity options: 2 LSB/G (for fields up to ±1000 G) and 4 LSB/G (±500 G)
- Temperature-stable sensitivity for NdFeB and ferrite magnets
- I2C interface for easy integration with support for up to 127 unique addresses
- EEPROM stores factory-programmed settings and up to 16 bytes of user information (programmable through the I2C interface)
- Micro-power sleep mode through I2C command for minimizing power in battery-operated applications
- Precise recoverability after temperature cycling
- Wide ambient temperature range: –40°C to 125°C
- 12-bit ADC with 10-bit ENOB (Effective Number of Bits)
- Operating Voltage: 2.65V - 3.5V
- Operating Current: 5mA (max)
Toshiba TCS40 Hall Switch Specs (Digital)
- Omnipolar (dual detection)
- ßON = 3.4mT
- ßOFF = 2.0mT
- Operating Voltage: 2.3V - 5.5V
- Operating Current: 1.0mA
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- 10mm x 10mm (.394 inches x .394 inches)
- Max Height (from the lower bottom of Wireling to upper top Wireling Connector): 4.60mm (0.18 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this Wireling without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other microcontroller board of your choice!