This Wireling lets you control a Linear Resonant Actuator (LRA) motor via the I²C bus and the DRV2605 IC. The DRV2605 Haptic Driver chip includes a licensed library of over 100 pre-programmed waveforms that generate a variety of effects.
Use this Wireling to create haptic motor vibration effects. Due to the construction and operating method, LRAs outlast traditional vibration motors several times over and are tuned to operate at frequencies that are optimal for skin contact.
LRA motor pictured is pre-soldered to the circuit board and includes a sticky adhesive that can be used to attach the motor to the back of the board or another surface.
New to Wirelings? Check out the Wireling Overview!
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
TI DRV2605 LRA Haptic Driver Specs
- Flexible Haptic/Vibra Driver
- LRA (Linear Resonance Actuator)
- ERM (Eccentric Rotating Mass)
- I2C Controlled Digital Playback Engine
- Real-Time Playback Mode via I2C
- Smart Loop Architecture(1)
- Automatic Overdrive/Braking (ERM/LRA)
- Automatic Resonance Tracking (LRA)
- Automatic Actuator Diagnostic (ERM/LRA)
- Automatic Level Calibration (ERM/LRA)
- Licensed Immersion™ TouchSense® 2200
- Integrated Immersion Effect Library
- Audio to Vibe
- Optional PWM Input with 0% to 100% Duty Cycle
- Optional Analog Input Control
- Optional Hardware Trigger Pin
- Efficient Output Drive
- Fast Start-Up Time
- Constant Acceleration Over Supply Voltage
- 1.8 V Compatible, VDD Tolerant Digital Pins
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Current: 2.5mA
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- 10mm x 10mm (.394 inches x .394 inches)
- Max Height 7.07mm (0.278 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this Wireling without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other microcontroller board of your choice!