This FRAM TinyShield allows you to add memory to your TinyDuino projects that can read and write at a virtually instant rate. Built around the Fujitsu MB85RS1MT, this board allows for some extra processing memory when your Arduino device is powered on and retains it even while power is shut off.
The FRAM TinyShield is low power and works through the SPI interface. It has 1Mbit of storage and is byte-addressable. Example code is provided to make it simple to add FRAM support to your projects.
To learn more about the TinyDuino Platform, click here
To see what other TinyShields this will work with or conflict with, check out the TinyShield Compatibility Matrix
Fujitsu MB85RS1MT FRAM Specs
- 128K x 8 (1 Mbit)
- Zero Write Time
- Unlimited read and write cycles
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 2.5V - 5.5V
- Standby: 120uA
- Read: 9.5mA
- Write: 9.5mA
- Sleep: 10uA
- Due to the low current, this board can be run using the TinyDuino coin cell option.
- 05 - SPI_CS: This signal is the SPI chip select for the SRAM.
- 11 - MOSI: This signal is the serial SPI data out of the TinyDuino and into the SRAM.
- 12 - MISO: This signal is the serial SPI data out of the SRAM and into the TinyDuino.
- 13 - SCLK: This signal is the serial SPI clock out of the TinyDuino and into the SRAM.
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches)
- Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to upper top TinyShield Connector): 5.11mm (0.201 inches)
- Weight: 1.11 grams (.039 ounces)