This TinyShield is the heart of the Wireling line. Featuring a 4-channel Multiplexer, on-board voltage regulation, and level shifting - this board allows you to add up to 4 Wirelings per Shield to your project with ease! Using a multiplexer also allows you to use two or more I²C devices with the same address, without interference problems.
Up to 8 Wireling Adapters may be stacked together by changing the address resistors on the board for a total of 32 Wirelings.
Wireling Adapter TinyShields are compatible with TinyCircuits processors that have a 32-Pin Connector.
New to Wirelings? Check out the Wireling Overview!
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
- I²C Bus
- Four Active-Low Interrupt Inputs
- Active-Low Interrupt Output
- Three Address Pins
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- INT - Optional IO2 or IO3 on TinyDuino
- IO4 - Power Control
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches)
- Max Height (from the bottom of 32-pin expansion connector to top Wireling Connector): 5.9mm (0.23 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this TinyShield without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other microcontroller board of your choice!
When bringing the device out of low power mode, it may be necessary to re-initialize certain sensors. Check the component datasheets to ensure proper operation and setup times for each Wireling is used.
- The Wireling Adapter TinyShield (ASD2022) incorporates level shifting and a local power supply to ensure proper and safe operation over the entire TinyDuino operating voltage range up to 5V.