This Wireling gives your project heat-vision in an 8x8 array of temperature output using the Infrared Array Grid-EYE AMG8833 Sensor! This can be used to detect the passage of humans, animals, and keep track of how hot your PC is getting.
New to Wirelings? Check out the Wireling Overview!
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
AMG8833 IR Array Sensor Specs
- Temperature detection of 2D area: 8x8 (64 pixels)
- Digital output of temperature readings
- Human detection up to 7m
- Temperature accuracy:
- High gain: Typical ± 2.5°C
- Low gain: Typical ± 3.0°C
- Setup time typical 50ms, time to stabilize typical 15s
- Viewing angle typical 60° ± 5.6°
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Normal: 4.5mA
- Sleep mode: 0.2mA
- Stand-by mode: 0.8mA
- A5/SCL - I2C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I2C Serial Data line
- 15mm x 10mm (0.59 inches x 0.39 inches)
- Max Height (from the lower bottom of Wireling to upper top Wireling Connector): 8 mm (0.31 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this shield without the TinyDuino – by clipping the connector off the opposite end and soldering the wires to another board, you can use it with the microcontroller or dev board of your choosing!