This Wireling lets you receive Infrared signals in the 38 kHz range, standard for most TV and appliance remotes. This sensor demodulates the 38 kHz carrier frequency and outputs only the High-Low signals, making it easily integrable with existing Arduino libraries. Well documented and easy to use IR protocols include the Sony, Sharp and NEC protocols, often included in Arduino IR Libraries.
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
Vishay IR Sensor Specs
- Improved immunity against HF and RF noise
- Height of 0.8 mm
- ± 75° half-angle sensitivity
- Low supply current
- Photodetectors and preamplifier in one package
- Internal filter for PCM frequency
- Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Improved immunity against optical noise
- Insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Current: 0.7mA
Pins Used - Optional pin using 0Ω Resistors
- A5/SCL - Pulse Signal
- A4/SDA - Pulse Signal
- 10mm x 10mm (.394 inches x .394 inches)
- Max Height (from the lower bottom of Wireling to upper top Wireling Connector): 3.70mm (0.15 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this shield without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other development board of your choice!