This Wireling lets you measure ambient light and color temperature via the TCS3472 Color Sensor and onboard emitting LEDs. This I²C sensor measures red, green, blue and clear light with 16-bit resolution. The interrupt registers may be used to set threshold values independently for each color register (RGBC) to improve system efficiency and avoid continuous polling of the sensor.
New to Wirelings? Check out the Wireling Overview!
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
AMS TCS3472 Color Sensor Specs
- 16-bit color resolution
- I²C Communication Protocol
- Ambient Light Detection
- Color Temperature Detection
- 2.5µA typ. during Sleep Mode
- 65µA typ. during Wait State
- Diffused lens for aid in color sensing
- Can be toggled on/off in Arduino Sketch
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Color Sensor: 2.5uA (Low Power Sleep Mode)
- LED: 30mA
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- 10mm x 10mm (.394 inches x .394 inches)
- Max Height (from the lower bottom of Wireling to upper top Wireling Connector): 4.30mm (0.17 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this shield without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other microcontroller board of your choice!