This Wireling lets you measure 9 degrees of freedom (9DOF) with any TinyCircuits processor board of choice and features the ST LSM9DS1 - a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital linear acceleration sensor, a 3D digital angular rate sensor, and a 3D digital magnetic sensor.
The LSM9DS1 has a linear acceleration full scale of ±2g/±4g/±8/±16 g, a magnetic field full scale of ±4/±8/±12/±16 gauss and an angular rate of ±245/±500/±2000 dps.
Note* 5-Pin Wireling cables not included and sold separately.
ST LSM9DS1 9-Axis DOF Specs
- 3 acceleration channels, 3 angular rate channels, 3 magnetic field channels
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g linear acceleration full scale
- ±4/±8/±12/±16 gauss magnetic full scale
- ±245/±500/±2000 dps angular rate full scale
- 16-bit data output
- “Always-on” eco power mode down to 1.9 mA
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO
- Position and motion detection functions
- Click/double-click recognition
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Current: 4.6mA (Normal Mode). Due to the low current, this board can be run using the TinyDuino coin cell option
- A5/SCL - I²C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I²C Serial Data line
- 10mm x 10mm (.394 inches x .394 inches)
- Max Height (from the lower bottom of Wireling to upper top Wireling Connector): 3.70mm (0.15 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)
- You can also use this board without the TinyDuino – modifying the connecting cable by removing the opposite connector and stripping/tinning the wires, you can solder the connector cable to any other microcontroller board of your choice!